Microdermabrasion is a simple, straight forward, non-invasive procedure that revitalizes dull skin, reduces large pores, erases fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, reduces mild pigment irregularities (hyperpigmentation), stretch marks and age spots. It is equally effective to other skin treatments (on superficial imperfections) and, most importantly, it allows you to get back to your daily routine immediately after treatment.
Microdermabrasion is a skin resurfacing treatment that works by gently abrading the top layer of the skin with the help of micro aluminium oxide crystals or diamond tipped wand, leaving a new, fresh layer underneath. It is a non-invasive, non-surgical cosmetic procedure which can be performed at home, in beauty salons, spas and medical or dermatological offices.Microabrasion has virtually no risks and no side effects because it is one of the least invasive skin resurfacing procedures. Contraindications, however, do exist. Patients on Accutane for 6 months previously, pregnant and nursing women, people suffering from active herpes lesions, malignant tumors, keratosis, active rosacea or weeping acne should not have microbrasion.
Microdermabrasion is effective on diminishing and even getting rid of fine lines, enlarged pores, blackheads, age spots, hyperpigmentation (uneven skin tone), scars, stretch mar ks, wrinkles and dull skin. Women who’ve tried it (myself included) say a full micro derma bration treatment makes the skin smoother and better. Actual results, however, depend on prior medical conditions, your skin’s ability to recover and on who performed the pro cedure. It is not effective on severe skin imperfections because microderm abrasion can not reach deeper layers of skin. Microdermabrasion can, however, get rid of superfic ial acne scars and red marks. Microdemabrasion is a safe alternative to chemical peels & laser rejuvenation for acne scars & fine lines
- It is the least invasive dermatological procedure (compared to dermabrasion and laser resurfacing)
- It is more affordable than cosmetic surgery.
- Micro derma abrasion is painless.
- It is available as home microdermabrasion systems and kits.
- It has the fewest side effects and it is effective on all skin types and colors.
- Microdermal abrasion does not need anesthetic if performed at a spa, beauty salon or physician’s office (unlike surgical skin resurfacing).
- It helps your skin look younger, healthy, glowing and for some people, close to perfect.